The Walking Dead season 8 is now available in various iTunes stores around the world, though we are aware for Australian fans of the popular TV show there may still be a wait for its release! This is why today we are providing you with the relevant details of how to set up a brand new US iTunes account to use the Apple ID right at home in Australia…
How will this work?
Basically, the US iTunes store worked just like the Australian iTunes store but has different download content available, as sometimes downloads are released much sooner (such as The Walking Dead), as well as other Tv seasons, music, Apps and movies. So through setting up an Apple ID to log in and access the US store will provide full access to all content both free and paid,meaning access to each episode of the new season 8 The Walking Dead.
Downloads can then be watched on any laptop, iOS device or Apple TV.
What is needed to set up an Apple ID?
Anyone can set up an Apple ID for the US, all that’s needed is an email address and access to an iPad or iPhone to complete the set up process.
The Walking Dead is currently $2.99USD per episode or $27.99 for an SD season pass, providing access to every episode as they are released on a weekly basis. Therefore to purchase the download, there will need to be money/credit in the account. From Australia money can be added into the account through the redemption of an iTunes gift card code. US iTunes codes are available to purchase online on our website and are available in different denominations. Once purchased the iTunes code is then delivered by email ready to redeem into the account after it has been set up.
Setting up the US iTunes account:
Using an iPhone or iPad follow the steps below…
- From the home screen on the iPhone or iPad select “App store”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and sign out of an existing iTunes account.
- Choose any “FREE” App and select “Get”.
- In the pop up box choose “Create Apple ID”.
- Follow the set up process to add an email address (this will be the new Apple ID) and password and change the country using the drop down box to “United States”.
- Click agree to terms and conditions and select Next.
- Select “None” under billing details and fill in name, address, phone number (A Google search can help with this) and head to the next page.
- Apple will send a verification code to the email address provided.
- Check for the email and confirm the code where requested on the iPad or iPhone.
Once the above steps have been followed the account is ready to be signed in. On signing in a prompt to switch to the “US store” will be given.
A search for “The Walking Dead” will display season 8 and the option to “Get” will be available. Once this has been selected the available episodes will download into the iTunes library ready to watch.
Switching between different iTunes accounts?
Once in the US iTunes store full access to all downloads are available and to switch back to an Australian Apple ID simply logging out of the US account and back into the Australian account will allow the change of country and will prompt a move back to the Australian iTunes store.
Please note that easy access to switch between different accounts/countries will not be available if any subscription services are active at the time. Subscription services include Apple music, iTunes match. Downloading past purchases is also not an option. These will trigger the Apple 90 day lock out. Full details on how to avoid the Apple 90 day lock out are available here.