The newest update/version 12 in the iTunes store has removed the App store on PC, making only music, Tv, movies, books and podcasts available. It is understood the Apple would like their customers to focus on Apps and downloading Apps directly from an iOS device such as iPhone, iPad etc.
For most this is probably not an issue as generally Apps are primarily used on a phone or iPad, however, for those who like to take advantage of multiple iTunes accounts using different countries it has taken away the privilege of being able to set up an iTunes account from a PC/laptop, as well as browsing Available Apps for other countries. Though it is still possible to set up an account on an iPhone or iPad without using a credit/debit card. Once an account has been set up for the other country it is also possible to browse the App store and make downloads.
The key points to remember when setting up a new Apple ID on an iPhone or iPad are:
- Make sure a VPN is switched on.
- Select a “free” App to download.
- Click “None” at the page when billing details are requested.
Using a VPN:
We recommend setting up an account for IP Vanish – they have lots of countries available and an App which you will need to use on the iPad or iPhone.
Before completing the set up process below ensure you are connected to the correct country on the VPN.
Here’s our step by step guide to setting up an iTunes account for a different country on an iPhone or iPad:
- From the home screen select “App store”.
- Sign out of an existing iTunes account at the bottom of the page.
- Choose any “FREE” App.
- In the pop up box choose “Create Apple ID”.
- Follow the set up process to add an email address (this will be the new Apple ID) and create a password.
- Select “None” under billing details and fill in name, address, phone number.
- Apple will send a verification code to the email address.
- Check for the email and confirm the code where requested.
The new account is ready to use!