The new 2017 movie The Hitman’s Bodyguard starring Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L Jackson and Gary Oldman to name a few.. is out now and available to download in the US iTunes store. However, we are aware that it is not yet available in the UK and other European iTunes stores to download, so we have the details you will need to set up your very own US iTunes account!
You can be anywhere in the world to set up a US account and you won’t need a US address or bank.
Why use a US iTunes account?
There are many benefits to using a US iTunes account internationally, the main in our opinion being that often new movies and big Tv seasons are released in the US store first, so you will have access to them before you would if you waited for them to be released in your own countries iTunes store. Also , its worth checking out the prices, as the US store is often cheaper too!
You can still use your own iTunes store too, logging in and out of accounts will simply change the store location and all downloads you make will be stored in the same iTunes library.
Adding credit to a US iTunes account…
To add credit into the US iTunes account, if you are using it internationally from another country and don’t have a US bank then credit can be added through the redemption of an iTunes gift card code.
US iTunes gift card codes can be ordered in different denominations of either: $10,$15,$25,$50 or $100 and delivered directly to your email address to then be redeemed into the iTunes account.
and here’s how to set up the US iTunes account: (These instructions will work from an iPhone or iPad)
- From the home screen on the iPhone or iPad select “App store”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and sign out of an existing iTunes account.
- Choose any “FREE” App and select “Get”.
- In the pop up box choose “Create Apple ID”.
- Follow the set up process to add an email address (this will be the new Apple ID) and password and change the country using the drop down box to “United States”.
- Click agree to terms and conditions and select Next.
- Select “None” under billing details and fill in name, address, phone number (A Google search can help with this) and head to the next page.
- Apple will send a verification code to the email address provided.
- Check for the email and confirm the code where requested on the iPad or iPhone.
The new US iTunes account is ready to use!