It is easy to create a UK iTunes account, and access exclusive content from the UK iTunes store, even if you do not have a UK address or bank card.
These instructions are for iTunes 11 on Mac or PC. Alternative instructions for iPhone or iPad are available here.
1. The first thing to do is to ensure you are logged out of your existing iTunes account. Click on your email address in the top left corner of the store screen, and select sign out from the drop down menu.
2. Next, scroll down to the bottom of the iTunes store home page and click on the small flag in the bottom right corner.
3. On the next page, choose the country you wish to create an account for (in this example, UK).
4. You will then be returned to the UK Home page. Next click ‘sign in’ in the top left of the screen.
5. In the login window that appears click 'create Apple ID'.
6. On the next page click ‘Continue’.
7. On the following page, ensure the country at the top is correct (the UK, not the country you are in), and agree to the terms and conditions by checking the box, and clicking ‘Agree’.
8. On the next page, enter the email address, password and other details you wish to use for the account. These can be correct or not, it is up to you, but make a note of all the details you enter in case you ever need to confirm your security details. The email address must not already be used for an Apple ID / iTunes account, and it should be one that you have access to.
9. On the next page, ignore the credit card section and enter your gift card code in the box below. (If you do not already have a gift card code you can buy one from us, just click on 'UK iTunes Cards' in the menu near the top left of this page.) Enter your name and address details below. You can use your correct name, but you must use a UK address. It does not matter if you do not have a UK address as Apple do not check it or send any communications by post.
10. Once you have entered all your details click ‘Continue’. This will cause an error message to appear saying the credit card number you entered is not valid. Simply select ‘none’ in the credit card section and press ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the screen again.
11. Your account set up is now complete, and you can start using your new account. Remember to come back to miTunes.tv when you need any more codes!